Even if you sleep alone, double mattresses are great for getting that bit of extra space in your bed or a must if you are sleeping with a partner. Double mattresses are great for people who don’...t want to be limited by space. However, you may be are searching for a double mattress that doesn’t cost the earth, a mattress on a lower budget. Well, you’re just about to find out that there are indeed quality mattresses for less than £300, so get ready to explore and find the best double mattress under £300. Read on!
Top Listed Best Double Mattress under £300 of March 2024
Happy Beds 1500 Pocket Sprung Double Mattress
A quality mattress model made by happy Beds with Aloe Vera Infused fabrics that gives the mattress a soothing and calming feel. This is this pocket sprung/memory foam model with 40mm of reflex foam. Offering a medium level of firmness, the 1500 individually wrapped pocket springs work to provide comfort and an adequate level of support.
Some users claim it’s too firm despite its official medium firmness level.
A good mattress model made with infused aloe vera fabrics for calming effects but also known to aid in renewing skin cells along with other health benefits. This mattress uses a combination of memory foam, reflex foam with individually wrapped pocket springs ideal in giving support throughout your body.
Silentnight Double Sprung Mattress Zoned Spring System
This Miracoil Cushion Top mattress is made by Silentnight in the UK. It is made using Eco Comfort breathable fibres for sustainability; this model will offer you a refreshing night of sleep. The Miracoil spring system provides zones support for perfect spinal alignment. It offer a medium-firm level of support, ideal for those suffering with back pain.
Same complaint here too, about firmness, a user claims its too firm. Truth is, we need 2-4 weeks to get used to a new mattress.
A lovely mattress to sleep on; made with Eco-Fibres this model from Silentnight is worthy contender. Its hypoallergenic for allergy suffers and made in the UK by a trusted bed & mattress brand.
Vesgantti 4FT6 Double Pocket Sprung Mattress
A quality double mattress from Vesgantti, made using individually wrapped pocket springs to reduce motion transfer and offer adequate support. Multiple layers of non-toxic, breathable, baby-friendly foam applied on top of the Vesgantti pocket sprung system. Thanks to the breathable materials used, the mattress is able to breathe, air circulation is improved therefore body sweat is dissipated ensuring a fresh sleep every night.
Customer opinions are mixed, predominantly positive, a user claims it’s too firm, another says it’s too soft. At 28 Kg, it might seems a bit heavy, 2 men would handle this better than 1.
Overall, considering the price, it’s a great mattress that offers a lot for the money. Over 1000 reviews online with the vast majority being positive reviews. A hypoallergenic mattress that is shock absorbent; it can effectively absorb shock & vibrations from tossing & turning.
Vesgantti Mattress has taken the markets by storm thanks to their quality mattress at affordable prices + 10 years manufacturer’s warranty. This model features a hybrid construction, made using memory foam alongside pocket springs, combing the best of both worlds. Designed with layers of CertiPUR-US certified foam, this mattress offers both comfort and adequate support.
The memory foam layer could have been a bit thicker; this seems to be the main snag
A quality Vesgantti double mattress overall. With more hundreds of reviews online, mostly positive, 10 years manufacturer’s warranty, 100 trial free period, with a ventilated mesh border for increased airflow this 25 cm thick mattress is not too be missed at its current price.
Silentnight Essentials 1000 Pocket Sprung Double Mattress
Another popular model from Silennight, the Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 offers a medium firmness level most suitable for side sleepers but not only. Made using hypoallergenic fibres for those suffering from allergies and an soft knit cover for a cosier sleep surface, this model is very popular with over 1000 reviews online, vast majority being positive.
Most consider the mattress perfect, some users claim that its too firm, some claim is isn't form enough.
The mattress is praised by many, from being great value for money, to some claiming it relieved their back pain. Overall a quality mattress from a well know UK mattress brand that is comfortable and provided adequate support too.
Top mattress brands at affordable prices
1. Happy Beds 1500 Pocket Sprung Double Mattress
Happy Beds focus on quality and comfort while providing a range of mattresses in multiple sizes and styles that will suit anyone on any budget. For the best double mattress under £300, this model is sure to be considered. With a pocket style for the springs and a layer of comfort topping over them, this double mattress is well-sized for 1 to 2 people and comfortable for a medium support mattress that is suitable for different types of sleepers.
- In a pocket sprung mattress, each spring is wrapped in its own pocket allowing them to move independently of each other. The independent movements allow for movement on one side of the bed without disturbing the other side of the bed, creating fewer sleep disturbances. As the pocket springs and memory foam adjust to contour the body this is a suitable mattress different types of sleepers including side sleeping, back sleeping, and even those who sleep on their stomach.
- The 2 layers of memory foam cradle the body while remaining supportive and create a layer of comfort that everyone can enjoy. The reflex foam boosts the support offered by the springs while staying pliable and flexible, and the layer of memory foam is a soft and comfortable top layer that allows the body to sink into the mattress.
- The outer fabric is not only soft to the touch but has been infused with aloe vera to increase the sense of calm and peace that can help a bedroom become an oasis within the home. When creating this pocket sprung with memory foam mattress a hand stitch is used all the way around and the sides are sewn in such a way to keep the springs in place and not allow the memory foam layers to shift or move on the surface and help to maintain the strength and support of the mattress as well as the shape. Using a jersey fabric with aloe vera, the outer material is as soft and welcoming as the mattress as a whole and will be unlikely to cause any skin irritation while offering the soothing benefits of aloe vera.
- For a double sprung mattress under £300 this pocket sprung with memory foam mattress offers support, comfort, and the benefits of allowing Aloe vera to encourage a consistent night sleep while the individual pocket springs limit the transfer of movement and boost the support offered by the memory foam. The thick memory foam topper layer rests upon a section of reflex foam to add extra comfort and flexibility to the supportive layers below.
- Find the best of both worlds, a pocket sprung mattress and memory foam in this quality double mattress at a price fit for almost any budget. Both made and delivered from the UK this best double mattress under £300 can be delivered quickly and is suited to both a regular bed with a box spring but also is suitable for a platform or slatted bed and will offer the support necessary for a comfortable sleep without the traditional box spring.
2. Silentnight Double Sprung Mattress Zoned Spring System
The Silentnight Double Sprung Mattress is a spring mattress with a pillow top that will offer consistent support across the whole surface and contains an eco comfort layer between the coils and the quilting of the top layer to provide increased comfort. When looking for a firm support mattress under £300 this is certainly one to consider. The coils are made to offer firm support where you need it most but less pressure on the hips and shoulders, protecting your joints and creating a more comfortable rest for side sleepers and back sleepers alike.
- Not all mattresses are made to last, however, this one addresses the concern of the lifespan by adding an extra layer of protection underneath the coils to evenly disperse the pressure applied to the coils throughout the entire mattress, decreasing the occurrence of sagging spots and uneven wear and tear. This layer provides for the support underneath the springs, allowing them to do their job in the most effective way possible.
- The coils are created in a way that allows them to minimize the transference of movement and disturbance so that one partner can remain sleeping even while the other is moving around. Set to offer the best support for each body area the coils are set for comfort where you need it most, and extra support where needed, keeping the spine aligned to optimize health and minimize back and joint pain. With additional support to align the spine and less firm support to cushion the hips and the shoulders, this best double mattress under £300 offers an adequate level of support for the right areas.
- The coils are topped with a layer of eco-friendly padding that adds comfort without causing harm to the environment. This padding is breathable and helps to avoid bacteria build-up, hypoallergenic, and dust mite resistant. The outer covering of this Silentnight double mattress is made from a similar material that is both hypoallergenic and will resist the build-up of bacteria while warding off any dust mites. Created with your health in mind this Silentnight double mattress not only cares for your spine with its alignment but also for your skin and overall health with its use of quality materials. The eco comfort layer will decrease the pressure offered by the springs without affecting the level of support, and pad the feeling of the springs, even as you move throughout the night.
- For cushion and comfort, a quilted surface is applied over the eco comfort layer and attached to avoid shifting and movement. It will remain flat and cover the entire surface for the lifespan of the mattress, with no bunching or thinning.
- Enjoy long-lasting comfort and the quality of a hand-stitched covering without breaking your budget. Lessen the effects of your purchase on the environment by considering this locally made and shipped UK made mattress, shorter shipping distances, and eco-friendly material make this a great option for those wanting to shop local and reduce emissions while still having a comfortable and supportive mattress without sacrificing quality.
3. Vesgantti 4FT6 Double Pocket Sprung Mattress
This Vesgantti 4ft6 double size mattress is a great option for the best double mattress under £300 with its 10.3-inch thickness, this is a pocket sprung mattress with a comfort layer of comfort padding on the top layer and a stability layer underneath the coils to keep the movement and noise of the moving coils to a minimum.
- With a traditional box top, this best double mattress under £300 is a great choice for couples who want to remain undisturbed the whole night through. With easy shipping, rolled in a vacuum-sealed plastic inside a box delivery is right to your door, and set up is as easy as unrolling and allowing it to return to its natural height and shape.
- The cushioning foam is breathable allowing air to circulate throughout the mattress to reduce overheating; it used non-toxic materials and is hypoallergenic. To be sure this is the best choice for you this Vesgantti 4ft6 double mattress comes with a 100-night trial, if you don’t love it after 100 nights in your home the company will help you find the best fit for you.
- Pocket springs are coils that are individually wrapped to minimize the transfer of any movement and to help quiet the springs during any movement during the night. Spaced and created in a way that lessens the pressure on the most common pressure points including the feet, the legs, the hips, the waist, the shoulders, and the neck and head, while remaining supportive and keeping the whole body comfortable.
- These springs and the pockets surrounding them are made to move smoothly and quietly, helping you achieve a full night sleep disturbance-free. This Vesgantti double mattress is designed to support your body without pushing on pressure points to keep the spine aligned and reduce joint pain, back pain, and muscle aches by offering easy support and flexibility with the foam layers on top.
- Foam is layered over these pocket coils to provide cushion and comfort. The layers of foam are created with air bubbles to allow for airflow, increasing circulation of air through the top layers of the mattress which helps keep it cool and reduce night sweating. The airflow also helps keep the mattress fresh and clean, and the hypoallergenic properties reduce allergens and irritants for the life of the mattress.
- By protecting the mattress with sheets and the built-in protections already present, the lifespan of this Vesgantti 4ft6 double mattress is extended and the quality ensures it’ll last for years while staying within budget. These layers of foam cradle the body and form the curves of your body to ensure even support without aggravating pressure points or increasing joints.
- When shopping for the best double mattress under £300 the Vesgantti Double Pocket Sprung Mattress must be considered. With its individually wrapped coils, it offers a medium to firm support, and the layers of foam creating the top of the mattress offer cushioning and form to the body. This double mattress decreases pressure on joints while helping to keep the spine in correct alignment, all while offering a hypoallergenic and breathable cover.
Add an extra boost of relaxation to your sleep with the Vesgantti Lavendar Sprung Memory Foam Mattress. This Vesgantti double size mattress is one of the best double mattresses under £300. Built to last with quality materials, multiple layers of foam, and a cover with a beautiful lavender design and soft to the touch to lull you to sleep, and a mesh side to allow free flow of air through the mattress to maintain a comfortable temperature all night this Vesgantti 4ft6 double mattress is a great choice for those who need minimal movement transference and a comfort cushion layer.
- This double mattress arrives rolled, vacuum-sealed in thick plastic to protect it from dirt, bugs, and contaminants during delivery, and placed into a cardboard box. For the mattress to return to its full 25 cm height you need to wait for 24 to 72 hours. Once it has fully expanded it requires no flipping but should be rotated to allow the foam to return to its full height once every few months. For your shopping confidence, this Vesgantti 4ft6 double mattress comes with a 100 night period to try it out and let the company know if it doesn’t fit your needs. The manufacturer recommends allowing 2 to 4 weeks for your body to adjust to the new mattress.
- Once it has fully expanded to its natural height and shape this double mattress offers support with its hundreds of individually wrapped pocket coils. The freedom of each coil allows it to form to your body and move with you during the night, both smoothly and quietly, offering little to no disturbance to your partner. The coils are layered over a base layer created of foam and a strong flat base that allows the pressure to spread equally over the entire mattress surface increasing lifespan and decreasing dents and sagging.
- Layered over the pocket coils are several layers of foam all created to offer a different type of support and surrounded by a mesh side to allow airflow throughout the mattress. This airflow will help maintain a comfortable temperature throughout the night and lowers the occurrence of night sweats and overheating, all while maintaining it’s shape and height. Support is firm where needed but cradles pressure points and joints such as the knees and hips. Reduces joint and back pain while providing a comfortable sleep with a mattress that conforms to your body no matter which sleeping position you favor, allowing you to sink into the mattress and comfort foam layers.
- In the best mattress under £300 category this combination of foam and pocket sprung is a strong contender. It offers comfort and support, can reduce pain in the joints and muscles by removing pressure from the pressure points, and the springs move quietly to adapt to any movement without transferring that movement to the surrounding coils. At a full 25 cm thick it is definitely for a bed to sleep in, rather than just on.
5. Silentnight Essentials 1000 Pocket Sprung Double Mattress
This pocket sprung double mattress is topped with layers of memory foam for comfort and cushion. One of the best mattresses for under £300 you’ll have a silent night with this Silentnight Essentials 1000 Pocket Sprung Double Mattress. With 1000 pocket springs to create even support throughout the entire mattress, these coils move silently among their own wrapping and underneath the layers of foam that cushion them. Sleep with fewer disturbances as the movement of each coil affects only that coil and not those around it. This allows the mattress to conform to any body shape and sleep position.
- As you sink into the pillow top the cozy comfort that contours to your body leave no pressure points from the pocket coils beneath. Sink into the 27 cm of comfort covered by a soft knit case as you prepare for a full night of undisturbed sleep. Responsive memory foam is used to create a feeling of being cocooned while ensure there is still support for decreased joint pain, without allowing a sinking feeling that occurs with a lack of support.
- Topped with a pillow top covered with a soft knit surface that is soft to the touch and easy to rest upon, this mattress offers layers of comfort. The quilted top creates a separation between the sleeper and the foam while maintaining the shape of the mattress and ensuring a welcoming feel as you lay upon the mattress. Made with hypoallergenic material this bed is a good fit for anyone who wants soft to medium support with no irritants and the welcoming comfort of a pillow top but the support of memory foam and added support of the pocket coils.
- Reduce pain, allergens, and sleep disturbances with this pocket coil foam hybrid mattress that is completed with a pillow top for extra comfort. Receive medium support from this all-around quality mattress while it reduces allergens and holds it’s shape night after night. Avoid mattress flipping by choosing a no flip-style such as this Silentnight Essentials Pocket Sprung Double Mattress that never needs to be flipped but only rotated each month to allow for the foam to return to its original shape and height, which will avoid dents where someone has slept in the same position and place for several nights. Rotating the mattress regularly will maintain its support and height over years of use while the soft outer material helps keep the coils in place and the foam and pillow top from shifting.
- The hypoallergenic materials make it suitable for almost anyone, and the soft support easy for those who need more comfort and flexibility in their mattress. Made and shipped from the UK you can shop locally with this 70-year-old company while protecting the environment with the reduced emissions from long-distance shipping while knowing you’ll have a quality product that has been known and trusted for decades.
What to Look for in a Double Mattress
Everyone wants to buy the best mattress for a double bed, which is why you need to make sure you don’t settle for less. Since there are many double mattresses available, you may not know how to pick the best model for your bedroom. But don’t worry – below you will find out what to look for when searching for the best double mattress under £300.
Best Double Mattress under £300 – Mattress Types
One of the main things to take into consideration is the type of mattress. This is very important as different types of mattresses suit different types of sleepers – that’s why this aspect can’t be overlooked.
Foam and memory foam mattresses are the best for people who are also looking for a mattress that offers a lot of support and will relieve pressure too. Pocket spring mattresses are firmer, and there is less roll together, while they offer outstanding comfort. Lastly, open spring mattresses are great too, because they are still very supportive, but they are cheaper.
You need to look for the best double mattress under £300 with anti-allergic properties, especially if you don’t want your respiratory conditions to be affected. Many mattresses have undergone a special treatment to make them hypoallergenic, so don’t hesitate to look for one of these if you suffer from allergies.
The firmness level is essential when it comes to your comfort and support. Mattresses can be soft, medium-soft, or firm and medium firm. While firm mattresses are great for people who sleep on their stomach, medium-firm mattresses are for back sleepers. Besides, soft mattresses are for people who often change positions during the night, and medium-soft mattresses are the same, with the exception that they bring more support.
You certainly don’t want the pressure to disturb your sleep, which is why you need to pick a double mattress size UK with pressure relief. It will align your spine and prevent bad pain from occurring, which is why you shouldn’t overlook this aspect.
You must know how to pick the best double mattress under £300 if you want to end up with the right product for many years to come. Hopefully, our buying guide has done its job and you’re ready to choose the best double mattress under £300.