Which is the best latex mattress in the UK? Like me, you probably know that finding the best latex mattress will require a bit of research. This latex mattress buying guide is designed to cut out a good chunk o...f your research. I’ve worked over 10 years in the UK mattress industry, testing them out as part of my day job, reading all the best latex mattress reviews, specifically the best UK mattress reviews. Not everyone is the same, I can’t do all the work, but I can tell you the best latex mattresses I know. Below find 5 top latex mattresses, reviews with pros & cons for each model.
Top Listed Best Latex Mattress of February 2024
Marcapiuma 7 Zones Orthopaedic Latex Mattress
Ergonomic. 7 differentiated comfort zones. Reinforced central structure for long lasting comfort. Anti-allergenic. Dust-mite, bacteria, and offgasing resistance. 10 year warranty.
Medium firmness could be too in the middle for people who prefer either hard or soft beds. Some synthetic latex used.
This is a great all around mattress that resists unwanted allergenics with 7 comfort layers that ensure a sound nights sleep.
Naturalex RoyalVisco Memory Foam Blue Latex Mattress
Beautiful aesthetic. Duel sided for winter and summer months. Thermosoft memory foam regulates heat and rebounds to your sleeping position. Blue Latex adapts while also keeping your body in the right position. Features Air Fresh system for ultimate breathability.
Mattress is firm, 8 or 9 on a 10 scale, so it is not for everyone. 25 cm high, requiring a low bed frame.
This gorgeous mattress offers superior breathability. It combines Latex and Memory foam for that perfect, just-firm-enough bounce.
Naturalex Viscotex Memory Foam Latex Mattress
Revolutionary static electricity countering silver cover. High-density Viscotex foam for ideal muscle relaxation and pain relief. 7 different comfort zones for releasing muscular tension. Anti-stress.
Can take 3-5 days to fully expand.
This mattress incorporates new technology to give you exceptional breathability, support, and peaceful sleep.
Latex Washable Anatomical Fit 7 Zones Mattress
Ergonomic orthopaedic mattress for perfect comfort and proper spine support. Machine washable allergenic resistant cover. Resists dust mites and 650 different species of bacteria. & different comfort zones.
Medium firmness could be too in the middle for some people. Fairly simple construction. 6 cm wider than advertised.
Fantastic mattress that is comfortable and reasonably priced. Great for people who need extra spinal support.
Naturalex Gel Fresh Memory Foam Blue Latex Mattress
Gel fresh technology offers cooling comfort. High-density memory foam for support and Blue Latex foam for flexibility. Two sided for Winter and Summer months. 7 different comfort zones. Cover is enriched with aloe vera. A total of 6 layers of latex and foam!
At 25 cm, could be a bit unimaginable in some spaces and give you that princess and the pea feeling. Firmer than other mattresses, avoid if you are looking for that pillow soft feeling.
This mattress is gorgeous and painstakingly complex, sure to impress anyone. The 6 layers of foam will support anybody with any body!
Top 5 Latex Mattresses in the UK
1. Marcapiuma 7 Zones Orthopaedic Latex Mattress
The Marcapiuma Latex Mattress is one of the best latex mattresses you can grab in the UK, at an excellent price. It’s proudly made in Italy from 100% latex.
- The Marcapiuma 7 Zones Orthopaedic Latex Mattress succeeds in its intelligent design. Great lengths and research were placed into optimizing the bed from start to finish. If you are used to sleeping on a slab of coils, the many different ways this mattress approaches pressure relief will blow you away.
- Engineers have painstakingly created seven distinct comfort zones, which are machine cut into the latex. Every part of your body responds to pressure and resistance differently; these zones all work to custom match the needs of your body. This best latex mattress uk puts an end to your bedding allergy discomfort forever. The bed is hypoallergenic. There is both an anti-allergenic and antibacterial latex sheet utilized. Plus, the latex naturally is resistant to pesky dust mites that tend to stick to other mattresses.
- The latex sheet is made with double breathable holes, top and bottom. This allows heat and moisture to transpire out and off of the mattress. Humidity and temperature both disturb the REM sleep, causing you to toss and turn even if you don’t know it. If you sleep but do not feel rested in the morning, these two are probably the culprit. The Marcapiuma Sevenlife 18, however, is the solution.
- Marcipiuma is known for their ergonomic mattress, and this one is no exception. It stands 18 cm of 100% latex high. The mattress has a high-density reinforced central structure. The most important part of a bed is that it lasts long. When mattresses cave over time, your entire equilibrium is thrown off, rendering your sleep useless. Worse, you will have to read another one of these in 3 years. I don’t need to point out that buying a new bed every three years is a colossal waste of money. Luckily, this sturdy bad boy will maintain form no matter what you throw at it. If anything does happen, it comes with a 10-year warranty. Read what customers have said on Amazon!
The bed has a medium firmness to it. Not too soft, not too firm, just right. The natural latex is wrapped in a 100% cotton cover. All of this works together to adapt perfectly to your body and distribute weight equally across the 7 zones for dreamy bliss.
2. Naturalex RoyalVisco Memory Foam Blue Latex Mattress
I know it doesn’t matter how a bed looks once it’s covered with a sheet, but it’s worth noting the Naturalex Royalvisco is a beautiful mattress straight out of the box. The bed is surrounded by a gorgeous 24 cm blue border, and the top cover is fine square-stitched cotton with comfort points. Looks do not factor as much as comfort and support, but when a company puts this much thought into the aesthetic design, chances are they care a heck of a lot about the engineering. And Naturalex clearly does.
- This Naturalex RoyalVisco Memory Foam Blue Best Latex Mattress has 3 distinct layers to catch and cradle your tired body. First, there is 2 cm of ThermoSoft memory foam, followed by another 2 cm of memory foam that is a bit denser to support you after the initial pillow-soft layer. Below that is 20 whole cm of 100% Blue latex foam.
- The bed doesn’t always go in this order though, as you will be flipping it depending on the season. In the Winter, place the memory foam side up, and you will be soaked into sleep by the heat-absorbing foam around you. Turn it over for the summer side, and the latex will offer you superior breathability and air-flow. Read the latest customer reviews on Amazon!
- This best latex mattress is split into 7 comfort zones that work to support separate parts of your body, relieving muscle tension. The top layer of memory foam offers balanced and structured support while reducing pressure points. It follows your weight and distributes it evenly throughout the mattress.
The foam is also perfect for eliminating motion transfer, allowing you and your partner to sleep soundly despite the movement of the other. The Viscotex memory foam is hypoallergenic, air fresh, and thoroughly sanitized. It is a bit on the firm side, but this is counteracted by the initially soft memory foam, which sinks into your shape as soon as you lay down. The springiness of the latex allows it to rebound fast to match your movements while you sleep, keeping you inside the REM cycle we all need so much.
3. Naturalex Viscotex Memory Foam Latex Mattress
Also from Naturalex is their revolutionary anti-static, anti-stress model. This Naturalex Viscotex Memory Foam Latex Mattress has unique technology that displaces the static electricity in your body, relaxing your nerves and muscles. This is accomplished with a conductive carbon wire that runs through the mattress cover, which gathers the heat and disperses it.
- It is a double best latex mattress containing Blue Latex and Viscotex memory foam separated into seven distinct comfort zones. Viscotex is a high-density memory foam that can support any weight, promoting muscle relaxing, and sparing you endless back pain.
- The foam allows your blood to circulate more naturally and to relax your muscles and prevent pain. The 14 cm of Blue Latex contours and resists your body, offering orthopedic support and eliminating your pressure points. The duel season feature again allows you to turn your mattress over depending on the season. The summer side encourages maximum breathability. On the winter side, the top cover is a thick cotton fabric for optimal comfort and warmth. The custom Air Fresh system and 3D textures allow perfect ventilation. Both sides are hypoallergenic and sanitized to prevent dust mites. Read what users are saying on Amazon!
- The actual mattress is a classic two-tone white and grey. The cover is 100% cotton and cuts in a honeycomb pattern that is known to distribute weight better. This best latex mattress is perfect for couples as the Viscotex memory foam and all-natural latex work together to eliminate motion transfer, which allows each partner to sleep soundly.
This best latex mattress is thoughtfully constructed and effortlessly comfortable. Using both memory foam and latex allows the mattress to both soften for you and maintain structural integrity, so you don’t feel that unnatural sinking feeling. The Naturalex Anti-stress Latex Mattress is available in four different comfort choices, from balanced to firm. Customize it for your own needs!
4. Latex Washable Anatomical Fit 7 Zones Mattress
This 20 cm high 100% latex coating mattress offers Marcapiuma’s signature 7 comfort zones. Each is designed to ergonomically isolate and cater to the different parts of your body, relaxing and releasing muscle tension at incredibly effective rates. The Latex Washable Anatomical Fit 7 Zones Mattress is comprised of CertiPur, Oeko-Tex high density, 100% latex.
- The best latex mattress UK is of medium firmness. It is reinforced with a central structure that will prevent the bed from caving or sagging over time. This fundamental structure also works together with the high-density latex to provide superior spine support. Let me tell you nothing is more important than supporting your spine as you sleep.
- This best latex mattress comes with a total hygiene guarantee. It is covered with a breathable silver Ag+ anti-allergenic fabric. This makes it hypoallergenic and naturally protective against bacteria and the growth of dust-mites. The Silver Ion treated fabric is known to be effective against 650+ different species of bacteria. It also prevents off-gassing, a common issue in mattresses where the materials let off unnatural orders. The Sevenlife 20, however, prevents this with the materials used and will stay fresh indefinitely. The cover is also removable and machine washable.
- The 100% latex allows for superior weight distribution and motion transfer prevention. The 7 zones distribute your weight and provide excellent pressure relief. Meanwhile, the motion transfer technology stops unwanted vibrations, allowing you to sleep peacefully through the night.
Despite this, this latex mattress still maintains the plucky, bouncy feel most people are used to, as opposed to the sinking, surrounded feeling some memory foam mattresses offer. Click here for customer reviews on Amazon! Marcapiuma recommends placing the bed on a slatted frame for optimal support. This best latex mattress comes with a 10-year warranty.
5. Naturalex Gel Fresh Memory Foam Blue Latex Mattress
The Gel Fresh Blue Latex from Naturalex is an absolute stunner. The unparalleled outer design shows off just how much is this latex mattress works to let you rest. The bed has two layers of Blue Latex, which refreshes and supports. Two layers of Aquapur foam, which resists your body, releasing tension from your pressure points. Two layers of Gel Fresh memory foam. And a single layer of high-density Viscotex shape memory foam to improve the firmness of the mattress.
- The standout part of this Naturalex Gel Fresh Memory Foam Blue Latex Mattress is the Gel Fresh layer, which is a leader in thermoregulation. Your body will never overheat as millions of cooling cells gather to support and relax your muscles, rejuvenating them, so you feel fresh and energetic when you awake. The cotton cover is also enriched with an aloe vera extract to soothe your skin even further for a refreshing, deep sleep.
- The latex mattress is covered with breathable holes for advanced heat retention prevention. Warm air and moisture are sucked through the holes and made to transpire outward. This is all integrated into the Blue Latex’s 7 distinct comfort zones, each constructed to isolate specific muscles for optimal pressure relief.
- The Aquapur foam is developed by Naturalex and utilizes large open cells, which can make it 600 times more breathable than other foams on the market. With the Gel Fresh layer, this supportive foam maintains constant airflow throughout the structure of the mattress refreshing, allowing it, and you, to stay fresh. Click here to read what customers have said, on Amazon!
Like the other Naturalex models, this best latex mattress contains both a summer side and a winter side. The high-density Viscotex foam allows it to stay flexible and conducive in the winter, whereas other materials will harden, causing the mattress to be too firm. Finally, it offers superior motion independence, allowing both partners to sleep peacefully.
Why You Should Consider a Latex Mattress - A helpful guide when searching for the best latex mattress
I spent my 20s crashing into a £100 wholesale mattress. I didn’t think too much of it. I was falling to sleep, and I thought it was good enough.
Yet I was achy and tired during most days. Sometimes my brain acted as if it got not sleep at all. To me, I just thought that was getting older. Then, I met her. No, not the girl I was dating, I’m talking about the latex mattress she owned. I was falling asleep faster, waking up with a spring in my step, and the pain was gone. Suddenly, the other 2/3rds of my life were significantly improved.
If you found your way here, let me tell you, don’t be me in my 20s. Invest in a latex mattress uk the way you would in a car or a house. It sounds drastic, but the real rest, rapid eye movement, the good stuff, makes every day better. Isn’t that worth an extra thousand or two? And please, consider a latex mattress.
There are primarily three types of mattress, innerspring, memory foam, and latex. Everyone is different. The truth about mattress buying is you are looking for one that suits your body. The point of this article is to explain the benefits of latex and offer you direction on where to start your search. I do not want to sell you on any of these mattresses. I do, however, want to vouch for the latex mattresses consistent customer reviews, and I believe in going above and beyond in support and comfort.
Best Latex mattresses do a stellar job with contour and support, but this can be said for the others as well. The way latex mattresses separate themselves from the pack is in their durability. Latex mattresses remain in their original condition 2-5 years longer on average than their innerspring and memory foam counterparts. If you invest in the right one, you won’t have to read any more web pages like this for a long and peaceful time.
Natural VS Synthetic
There are two types of latex mattresses, natural and synthetic. The natural latex mattress is a milky fluid found in plants that solidify with oxygen. Synthetic latex is a similar physical material that is made using petrochemicals.
Synthetic mattresses will almost always cost less money but are not up to the same standards as natural. Synthetic material is more prone to tear, making the main benefit of latex mattresses null and void. They also, as expected, are more harmful to the environment. Not dangerous, but certainly worse than natural materials. There is a third option, blended. Blended can be the best of both worlds. You can keep the durability, and save a couple of bucks. Just be careful, 1% natural and 99% synthetic is still considered blended. So do your research, or, if you’d like to save some time, just keep reading mine.
When you’re buying a mattress with latex, the most important thing you are looking for is support. It is crucial to the well-being of your body that the material pushes up against your weight. This, however, does not mean you should buy an extra firm mattress. Firm mattresses push too hard, never allowing your body to settle and physically disturbing your nerves. This is why you will typically wake up with “pins and needles” after sleeping on a firm mattress.
Not to sound like Goldilocks, but you also don’t want the mattress to be too soft. Too soft means no support, and your spine is left to form into unnatural shapes. If you’ve ever slept in a hammock, you know the dangers of sleeping material that contours too quickly. Instead, you need something that will resist your body while allowing it to rest. Our bodies are not a straight line, their natural alignment curves. The goal is to find a model that resists your body while allowing it to sink into perfect alignment. The good news is, the latex mattress is the contour king.
Memory foams conform and cradle your body, but it’s often hard to maneuver within. Latex kowtows just as well as memory foam, but it also gives you that bounce back feeling you are used to from spring mattresses.
Here, I’ll teach you a cool science term you can use to impress your friends: compression modulus. Inlay man’s terms (yes that’s a pun), compression modulus describes the ability for a mattress to give way to your body, while also becoming firmer when a certain amount of pressure is applied. It’s a particularly hard relationship to achieve in innerspring and memory foam mattresses, but that’s not the case with latex mattresses. Because of the customizability of the rubber, latex mattresses can go from pillow soft to necessarily firm at an incredible ratio. So if you prefer a pliable bed, you can have it much softer than other materials while still allowing the base to contour to your alignment.
This significantly improves your window for comfort, the second most crucial factor of a mattress. Speaking of support, did you know that over 33% of people who switched to a latex mattress reported fewer aches and pains throughout their day? (I’m part of that statistic, remember?)
Other Factors to Consider
Low heat retention and motion transfer are the last two crucial components of a mattress. Both of these disturb your sleep, at the very least breaking you out of your REM sleep. Thi important because REM sleep is the only time your brain can recharge. If you’re not able to get deep into your cycle, you’re not going to have a good day tomorrow. Fortunately, viscotex memory foam mattress (especially natural) excels in both categories.
Heat retention is when the contoured mattress exponentially collects your heat. Sleeping in these conditions causes discomfort, which leads to tossing and turning, the natural enemy of REM sleep. One of the benefits of using a customizable material like latex is being able to create breathing chambers that pull heat from you and disperses it. Motion transfer is when a movement on one spot of the bed reverberates throughout it. I kick at night. I don’t know why it just happens. On a mattress with high motion transfer, this movement would disturb the sleep cycle of my partner. Another instigator would be the family pet jumping up in the middle of the night. The soft contouring nature of latex traps these vibrations, stopping them from disrupting you. Memory foam mattresses also have low motion transfer. Innerspring, however, are the worst offenders.
Dunlop vs Talalay Latex
These are the two types of latex most commonly used. For Dunlop, the plant sapped is whipped into a froth, which is then poured into a mould and baked. Talalay adds two steps to this process. First, the shape created is sealed and then flash-frozen in a vacuum chamber.
That part was annoying; here is the bottom line. Dunlop latex is more firm than Talalay, which tends to be more “pillowy-soft”. Neither is better; it just depends on your personal preference.