Finding the best pocket sprung mattress in the UK requires quite a bit of time and effort in order to ensure the best choice is made. This best pocket sprung mattress buying guide will help you we...ed out the lesser mattress and help you focus on looking at quality choices. Your quality of sleep is probably the most foundational aspect of your health, finding the best pocket sprung mattress that will give you a superb night of sleep is crucial.
Top Listed Best Pocket Sprung Mattress of February 2024
Pocket Sprung Mattress with Memory Foam
This multilayer, pocket spring memory foam mattress provides a great combination of comfort and support allowing you a sound, restful night of sleep. Ideal for practically any sleepers, you’re sure to appreciate this comfort the moment you lay on it.
None at the moment.
Out of 233 current reviews about 97% of those reviews are positive, since over 200 customers have purchased and loved this mattress, you are sure to as well. This is a great quality choice for you if you’re just looking for an inexpensive pocket sprung mattress that also utilizes the soft, body conforming memory foam.
Vesgantti Luxury Pocket Sprung Mattress
This pocket sprung memory foam mattress will help adjust and correct your sleeping posture, ensuring that you’ll feel better in the morning because you won’t have to suffer due to sleeping in an incorrect or awkward position that strains the joints and muscles. You get a fire retardant, breathable mattress for the price of a regular one.
Without the sale on this mattress, it could get a little pricey, though not much higher than a regular, good quality mattress would cost you.
With quiet, independent springs that are bound to help correct your posture and give you a wonderful night of sleep, what is not to like? If you’re looking for a quiet, orthopedic memory foam mattress, this could be the one for you.
Pocket Sprung Memory Foam 3D Breathable Mattress
This pocket sprung double mattress comes with a breathable fabric and a nine comfort zones. You also get a wonderfully soft quilted cover that encases a high-density foam that provides a medium firm tension that’s sure to provide all the support you need.
This mattress takes longer than some of the other mattresses of the same type; it can take up to 24 to 48 hours to refill once you’ve taken it out of the vacuum packaging.
With the best mattress reviews out of all the beds listed, this mattress is a great choice and many previous buyers agree. This may be the best pocket sprung mattress on this mattress guide.
Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Spring Mattress
This spring mattress boasts 1,000 pocket springs that work independently from each other to provide a perfect balance of support. You also get a breathable memory foam layers that keeps the mattress cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
This mattress, while relatively easy to move in the packaging becomes much harder as there are no side handles to make handling it any easier.
Being made in the UK this product fulfills all the UK standards ensuring that you will get a quality mattress for the price you are paying for it. You get a great mattress that doesn’t have to be flipped, will provide you localized support and is overall well received at 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Happy Beds Orthopaedic 1000 Pocket Mattress
This hand tufted mattress has a luxurious damask fabric cover with a hypo-allergenic filling. With 1,000 pocket springs you’re sure to be able to toss and turn without disturbing your partner too much, and with a medium firm tension you’ll get premium support for your individual body.
While the mattress is on sale it isn’t too hefty of a price tag, but it may exceed your budget if you don’t manage to grab it while it is on sale.
This mattress is well received at 4.4 out of five stars, meaning that you’ll get the quality that you pay for and the reviews prove it. If you have a preference for hand tufted mattresses, this may be the mattress for you, especially with a luxurious amount of pocket springs.
Top 5 Pocket Sprung Mattresses
1. Pocket Sprung Mattress with Memory Foam
Pocket sprung mattresses are a sure-fire way to help improve your sleep at night, and the E.J Life Pocket Sprung Mattress with Memory Foam is no exception. In fact, it’s one of the best on the market right now. Along with the memory foam topping, this best pocket sprung mattress double, as the name implies, is a sprung mattress. This means that each spring is built into an individual pocket of fabric; these pockets function as a shock absorber. It reduces bouncing, increases the firmness of the mattress, and adds an extra layer of comfort.
- Each coil is built to help support the weight, each part of your body rather than one whole spring. It means that it adjusts to the contours of your body, rather than sinking under your weight. A Pocket Sprung Mattress with Memory Foam is ideal for a situation where there’s a weight or height difference between sleeping partners, or that one partner tends to toss and turn at night. It helps absorb and diminish the shockwaves.
- The top layer of memory foam is called “slow spring back foam”. This means that when pressure is applied, the foam won’t bounce back quickly. Instead, it dips down and expands around your body, allowing the pressure on your joints to be significantly reduced. The cover for the pocket sprung mattress memory foam is made from a breathable knitted fabric. It helps absorb sweat, decrease static, and disperse body heat.
- The various support zones in this pocket sprung mattress with memory foam ensure that the right support is always being provided. It’s perfect for people who have trouble with their lower lumbar and spine regions. It’s also an excellent fit for anyone that tends to wake up with aches in their joints; between the memory foam and the springs, it’s almost a certainty that your rest will significantly improve after switching to this pocket sprung mattress with memory foam. The mattress is delivered in a box, which makes transporting it to the bedroom easy. It takes 24 hours before it fully expands to its original size. A tool is provided to remove it from the package without damaging the mattress. Despite the fact that it’s a firm build, the padding and memory foam on the surface also ensures that it feels soft to lay on. Click here to read the latest customer reviews, on Amazon!
2. Vesgantti Luxury Pocket Sprung Mattress
The Vesgantti Luxury Pocket Sprung Ergonomic Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is a beautiful addition to your home. This pocket sprung mattress measuers it’s 135 x 190 cm x 26 cm. Its main drawing point is that it comes with the Vesgantti support system.
- The Vesgantti is more than just a mattress – it has a unique system crafted from multilayer foam and pocket springs. The combination helps provide better support for your body, while also absorbing the pressure and shock that comes from moving on the mattress. You can fully relax your muscles and finally get a good night’s sleep.
- Each spring works independently from the others, to help provide you with all-over support. It focuses on the places where your body would typically rest, giving support to the neck, waist, head, shoulders, feet, and legs while you sleep. Without any effort on your part, the pocket sprung mattress double will help adjust and correct your sleeping posture, ensuring that you’ll feel better in the morning. Along with the slow spring back foam and pocket spring system, the Vesgantti best pocket sprung mattress is made from temperature sensitive material. Because the fabric is such high quality, it helps inhibit bacterial and parasitic growth.
- The surface is sweat-wicking, helping to keep your mattress remain dry on those hot summer nights. Noise and vibration caused by tossing and turning are also limited thanks to the way it is built. This means that no matter how much you toss and turn, the springs won’t creak, and the movement of your sleeping partner won’t interrupt your slumber.
- The thick knit fabric is fire retardant. There is a layer of egg-shaped massage foam, high-density support foam, and a layer of slow spring back foam. It’s crafted with breathable non-woven fabrics. There are two layers of substantial cotton, and blankets fabric, as well as the pocket, sprung system, and then a visually appealing surface cover. Read customer reviews on Amazon!
The Vesgantti Best Pocket Sprung Mattress comes vacuum-sealed, neatly rolled in a box. Please be aware that after unwrapping any rolled mattress will take anywhere between 4-8 hours to expand to 90% of its full size. It can take a further 4-6 hours to reach its full dimensions. We advise that you don’t sleep or sit on it during this time to ensure it has time to expand to its correct size fully.
3. Pocket Sprung Memory Foam 3D Breathable Mattress
This Pocket Sprung Memory Foam 3D Breathable Mattress comes in several sizes. It is sold as a small single, a three-foot single, a four-foot small double, a five-foot UK king-size, and six-foot super king size. It is 10.6 inches deep and has the distinction of having nine multifunctional zones. These layers consist of several parts. First, there’s the system of individually wrapped pocket springs. This gives independent support for every area of your body. Additional fillings help add extra support and comfort to the mattress. These fillings include a deep layer of memory foam; the “slow spring back foam” moulding after your body shape during the night, supporting your body no matter what position you sleep in.
- A soft-touch micro-quilted cover adds a final touch of softness and comfort. Everything about the Fabric 9-Zone Orthopaedic pocket sprung mattress double is designed to eliminate discomfort from your sleep. With the added support provided by the pocket sprung system, stress on sensitive pressure points is significantly reduced as the spine is correctly aligned throughout the entire sleep. In addition to the comfort and support factors, the top layer of memory foam helps create a fresh surface to sleep on. The base is crafted from a high-density foam (meaning a medium-firm tension that creates excellent support), which is specially designed to lessen motion transfer between sleeping partners. It also has a stretch fabric on the surface of the mattress, which moves with you to maximize comfort.
- The 9 comfort zones of this best pocket sprung mattress review has a specific focus on aiding the hips and shoulders. It comes vacuum-packed in a box, rolled up for easy delivery. The pocket sprung mattress double in this state weighs between 60 and 80 pounds. Click here to read the latest customer reviews on Amazon!
- It requires between 24 to 48 hours to expand to its full size and shape; sleeping on it before it fully expanded to its correct height could both damage the springs and leave you with a very uncomfortable and restless night. However, if you’ve let the mattress sit for the required amount of time, you’ll find that this best pocket sprung mattress with memory foam is amazing. If the pocket springs and 3D breathable fabric isn’t enough to satisfy you, this mattress provides nine-layer support that can only be rivalled by few on the market.
4. Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Spring Mattress
The Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Pocket Spring Mattress is manufactured by a company with more than 60 years of experience in mattress production, Silentnight Mattress Ltd. The company has built its reputation on innovation, product reliability, and excellent customer service. The Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Pocket Spring Mattress, quite literally lives up to its name. It houses 1000 individual pocket springs to provide your body support, whether in the prone, supine, or recumbent position with robust support and minimal disturbance. The springs are housed in individual fabric pouches, designed to prevent motion transfer from disrupting your sleep and vice versa.
- While most mattress companies advise you to flip the mattress over every few months, the Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Pocket Spring Mattress is specially designed to eliminate the need for that. Instead, the mattress simply needs to be turned 180 degrees, so that there’s even wear all over. Doing this prevents one side of the mattress from wearing out.
- The Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Pocket Spring Mattress is a medium firmness mattress, which means that while it comes with a lot of support, it still has a considerable amount of softness to it. This helps fight against the pressure that naturally builds up into painful hotspots, often resulting in aches in the shoulders, lower back, and hips.
- It also eliminates the pins and needles, that you may feel in the morning if your sleeping surface is putting pressure on the wrong spots. The top layer of memory foam provides added insulation, ensuring that the best pocket sprung mattress 1000 stays warm in winter and cool in the summer. This regulates temperature, which in turn prevents mould from building up inside the mattress. It’s delivered flat as a full-size mattress, which means there’s no wait time before you’re able to sleep on it and get a good night’s rest. Check out more features on Amazon!
With its amazing qualities and design specification, there is little doubt that this pocket spring mattress double layer with a multilayer design will provide users with a refreshing and invigorating sleep experience.
5. Happy Beds Orthopaedic 1000 Pocket Mattress
The Happy Beds Orthopaedic 1000 Pocket Sprung Mattress is by all measures, a stately piece of furniture. It’s a double mattress, measuring 4ft6. Both sides of the mattress boast a beautiful and superb design that provides a warm and cosy feel even without standard beddings as it comes in a high-quality, traditional hand-tufted, Belgian damask covering.
- With a system made from 1000 pocket springs, this best pocket sprung mattress 1000 is designed to give you full-body support. The springs work harmoniously with the No Roll system, preventing the formation of a dipping point at the centre of the bed. The individually nested Pocket Springs work independently and contour to your body to provide the needed comfort and support and ensure that you have a good night’s sleep.
- The Happy Beds Orthopaedic mattress is also a perfect fit for people prone to allergies. It is made with a hypoallergenic filling that helps combat against parasitic and microbial growths, as well as working to prevent dust mites and bedbugs from settling in the fibres. It’s easy to clean, needing only a quick run over with the vacuum and, on occasion, a quick wipe down with a damp cloth. The air vents on the sides of this best pocket sprung mattress 1000 help prevent these pesky creatures from spawning, while also helping to control the temperature in the mattress.
- This best pocket sprung mattress 1000 is suitable for all types of bed bases. The flag stitched handles on the sides of the mattress make it easy to flip it over when needed, which is recommended to prevent one side of the mattress wearing down before the other, while also ensuring that you always have even and equal support. But even with the ability to flip this pocket sprung mattress, it is recommended that you rotate it consistently so you’ll wear out the surface evenly and get the most out of your mattress.
- Overall, this mattress is an excellent buy. Happy Beds, it’s maker, is known for providing it’s customers the best in sleep comfort and wellness. It comes flat because the quality of the springs and foam filling prevents it from being vacuum sealed. Read the latest customer reviews on Amazon!
Unlike most of the other mattresses on our list, this one can be flipped. And when a side has noticeably worn out, it can easily be flipped over to provide the same comfort it like it did on the day when it was first bought.
What you need to know about Pocket Sprung Mattresses
What is a pocket sprung mattress?
A pocket sprung mattress is a mattress that has individually encased springs. This individuality allows these pocket springs to move independently, creating a comfortable, supportive mattress that only caves where pressure is applied. Since pressure is applied locally and only moves individual springs, movement on one side of the bed does not affect the other side. It is an excellent alternative for couples who may find their sleep disrupted because of a restless partner. The number of pocket springs used in the design of the mattress can affect just how localized pressure is.
This kind of mattress design is ideal if you’re looking to straighten your spine at night, especially if you like to sleep on your side. The pocket spring design allows for the hips to sink lower than the shoulder but also keeps your hip from lowering your shoulders too far below your pillow.
Memory Foam; Get It Or Forget It?
Memory foam has revolutionized the sleep experience. It rose to popularity because of its ability to adapt to a person’s shape. While it provides a perfect fit regardless of your body type, you may not be able to fully appreciate memory foam if you’re a hot bodied sleeper. The memory foam would just continue to absorb your body heat. However, recent advancements on the memory foam have allowed it to be more breathable. These advancements have created a seeming ventilation system that can keep the memory foam from trapping warm air. This system, combined with a breathable and water wicking or absorbing material that can dissipate sweat, have allowed the memory foam to deal with the self-induced warmth. Be sure to keep an eye out for these features if you get significantly warm at night.
Hand Tufted or Not?
Another option for your mattress with pocket springs is to get it hand-tufted. Hand-tufted mattresses are simply mattresses that have stitching all the way through. This method of sewing provides extra support and helps keep the mattress’s filling in place. Hand tufts give the mattress the iconic buttoned appeal.
A hand-tufted mattress is a preferable choice for people who have issues with lumpy mattresses or just enjoy the support it provides. However, some people may find these kinds of mattresses to be uneven and uncomfortable to sleep on. If you are adamant about the support but can’t stand the buttoned nature of these beds, a mattress cover or topper could quickly fix the issue.
What makes the Best Pocket Sprung Mattress, best?
The best pocket sprung mattress is a mattress that is made with special consideration for human anatomy and skeletal system. There are no specific qualities that constitute a pocket sprung mattress, but the basic features include a firmer top that provides support to the body in a way that aligns the spine in a straight line. Pocket mattresses are great for providing relief from stiff or achy joints and bones. If you consistently suffer from headaches or stiff neck, pain in your neck and back from an inability to sleep correctly, then an orthopedic mattress may be what you need. Keep in mind if your orthopedic mattress has springs or memory foam, you enjoy the extra comfort and support your individual body shape needs.