Sleep can be challenging for pregnant women, and different solutions exist to help them get a good night’s sleep. Pregnancy pillows are one such solution. Pregnant women need as much sleep as po...ssible before birth, because rest gets a lot more complicated with a little one in the house. Babies are known to sometimes keep their parents up at all hours of the night and day, so going into parenthood with at least some sleep logged is a good idea, for both physical and mental health. This list below is intended to provide a selection of the best pregnancy pillows to buy and links to 5 best maternity pillows as chosen by us. Each one provides something different, so be sure to weigh the pros, cons, and benefits that each one carries with it. Remember, not every pregnancy pillow is right for every pregnant woman. Choose the one that’s right for you and enjoy the benefits it provides.
Top Listed Best Pregnancy Pillow of February 2024
Sanggol Pregnancy Pillow / Maternity Full Body Nursing Pillow
This pillow offers great support and much help for back pain and sciatica in addition to its intended use as a pregnancy pillow. It’s also very large, meaning it’s one of the more substantial-feeling pillows on this list. Some reviewers also purport to have great communication with the manufacturer as well.
The size may be a problem for people with smaller living spaces and beds.
As long as you have the space for a rather large pregnancy pillow, this Sanggol offering will be perfect and substantial for pregnancy pain and a wide variety of other problems.
Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy & Maternity Pillow
This pillow provides great bump support, a large size and a comfortable material for pregnant women to enjoy. This one also helps with pain unrelated to pregnancy, and can be used all over the body depending on the area in pain.
This pillow isn’t quite as soft as the others on this list, though some reports on the softness vary.
While this pillow is not as reportedly soft as the others on the list, its level of support is equal. Many buyers even report it is a life-changing purchase.
Egyptian Cotton Maternity / Pregnancy Pillow
This pillow is large and many report they can’t go without it. It’s very soft and can be used for many types of pain
The removable cover in the description is reportedly not included, and the stuffing sometimes loses its desirable shape.
Despite some issues reported by certain buyers, this pillow provides firm support for those looking for it.
Cuddles Collection Twinkle Star Nursing Pillow
Arguably the most, well-regarded pillow on this list, this nursing pillow carries a wide variety of functions, and is able to be used as everything from a breastfeeding pillow to a seat to an object to prop up a baby with. Best of all, it works perfectly for all of these tasks.
Some may not prefer the C shape.
This just might be the best pillow on the list. It’s versatile and easy to use, especially for smaller children, and it can be used for such a variety of things that it feels like a must-buy for anybody who could potentially use it.
Full Body U Shaped Pregnancy Support Pillow
This is a pillow that works well for anyone in need of extra support not provided by normal pillows. It is another C-shaped offering, and women should consider if they prefer a C or V shape. It seems to be especially useful for people experiencing back pain.
This one doesn’t hold its shape as well as the others on the list, though reports conflict on this one.
Many buyers report being very happy with this pillow, and while it may lose its shape at some point, it seems to be a long-lasting pillow that carries a wide variety of uses.
Top 5 Pregnancy Pillows: Guide + Reviews
1. Sanggol Pregnancy Pillow / Maternity Full Body Nursing Pillow
Sanggol’s offering touts many benefits for women who are pregnant or nursing. This total-body wedge pillow is anti-allergenic for those who suffer from allergies; it is about as big as 5 standard pillows, meaning it provides a great deal of support. It provides this support to many different parts of the body, including the baby bump, back, neck, shoulders and legs. Sanggol’s pillow has been shown to reduce heartburn and back pain for pregnant women. It is useful for breastfeeding, as it provides a flat surface with support for the baby, and it provides general relaxation in any situation, meaning it will be helpful once maternity and nursing are over as well.
- This Sanggol Maternity Pillow / Maternity Full Body Nursing Pillow is filled with high-grade anti-allergenic hollow fibre filling that won’t become lumpy with use. The pillowcase, which can be customized and replaced with a different one of your choice, is removable and 100% tightly woven, made of combed cotton of 233 thread count percale. The head support portion of this best pregnancy pillow is squared off to fit the shape of a regular pillow, and the inner edge curves around the shoulder to prevent it from digging into the skin.
- It’s important to reiterate one more time that your mileage may vary with products like this. It all depends on the timing in your pregnancy and a few other factors. That said, Sanggol’s best pregnancy pillow has garnered a great deal of praise from people who have purchased and used it.
- Some report that it helps with general back pain, though it does take up a great deal of space, meaning the amount of room you have should be another consideration before purchasing. One reviewer reports that this bets maternity pillow takes up half the space of a standard double bed. However, some reviewers also say that the pillow does not provide the right amount of support and that it doesn’t quite fluff up to the degree that some people expect or want it to. Why now read what customers who purchased this product on Amazon UK are saying!
- From the sound of these reviews, this is a beneficial maternity pillow with one significant consideration to make: size. Looking at the pictures available demonstrates that this is quite a large pregnancy pillow. If you have the room, however, and if you need a great deal of support, the Sanggol Pregnancy Pillow / Maternity Full Body Nursing Pillow just might be right for you.
2. Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy & Maternity Pillow
This best pregnancy pillow by Queen Rose features anti-allergenic cotton material, a durable flowered cover, and a zipper so the case can be easily switched out. This makes this Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy & Maternity Pillow a great snuggle up pregnancy pillow. This is an innovative pregnancy pillow for side sleeping, and like the Sanggol pillow talked about previously, it works for several functions. The filling is bionic polyethylene that does not smell and that retains its fluffy factor to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.
- The most significant selling point of the Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy & best Maternity Pillow is that it is explicitly designed to fit the body of a pregnant woman. Like other best pregnancy pillows on the market, this one touts a multifunctional design; it can be used as a pillow extension to support the back, abdomen, legs, or whichever body part needs support.
- This particular pregnancy pillow comes in a couple of different sizes so the person who will use it can choose the size that’s right for her. This best pregnancy pillow UK also boasts a competitive warranty program. It carries a one-year warranty, meaning you can send it back if not completely satisfied.
- Reviews are positive on the Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy & Maternity Pillow. Some say that it helps a lot with their insomnia. However, others claim the pillow can feel a bit hard sometimes, leading to a sore jaw or ear.
- One particularly glowing review notes that this best maternity pillow changed this person’s life. While not pregnant, this person was able to cure insomnia and back pain just by using a pregnancy pillow for stability during the night. Read customer reviews on Amazon! When the pillow is first taken out of its packaging, it can look a little small, shrunk. Reports indicate that after a little while, be it a few hours or a day, the Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy & Maternity Pillow will expand fully and provide the support it is intended to offer.
3. Egyptian Cotton Maternity / Pregnancy Pillow
The Egyptian Cotton Maternity / Pregnancy Pillow can be used in a variety of different positions, is filled with soft and airy fibres, and provides the ideal support during and after pregnancy. Like the other pillows mentioned in this buying guide, this best pregnancy pillow UK is listed as being useful for many issues aside from just pregnancy.
- It can support the user through just about kind of pain. The top review on Amazon notes that pregnancy was uncomfortable even at 12 weeks along and that this particular pregnancy pillow helped a great deal. It supports the belly and keeps the user from tossing and turning, all at the same time.
- Others report that this best pregnancy pillow in the UK has the right amount of fillings to make it as fluffy and soft as possible, while other pillows might be a little small. The best aspect to report about this Egyptian cotton pregnancy pillow is its size and heftiness. It’s a very substantial pillow that will hold up to a great deal of use.
However, some do report that it eventually becomes lumpy, though these reports are quite rare. What does other customers think of it? Read all reviews on Amazon, now!
4. Cuddles Collection Twinkle Star Nursing Pillow
And now for something a little different. The Cuddles Collection Twinkle Star Nursing Pillow is a four-in-one nursing pillow for use in pregnancy and nursing. The outer casing is made entirely of cotton, while the inner filling is comprised altogether of polyester.
- This best maternity pillow claims to be healthy and firm to bring sufficient support to a baby during feeding time. The maternity pillow can also be used as a back support for the mother and as a prenatal sleeping aid (pregnancy pillow) before birth.
- This best pregnancy pillow UK also functions as a means to help a baby sit up on the floor after feeding time, and provides perfect tumble support while the baby is learning to sit and play. It’s important to remember that this maternity pillow is a lot bigger than it looks in the photographs. A newborn baby fits comfortably in this maternity pillow, and while it isn’t nearly as large as some of the other pillows on this list, that doesn’t mean it can’t work in the same manner.
- Some mothers reported not being able to live without this best maternity pillow due to its many uses. They say that it is firm and well made and that the cover is straightforward to wash. It’s a very versatile product that should be considered for a wide variety of tasks.
- Just as with the other pillows on this list, a mother needs to consider her own needs before purchasing a pregnancy pillow. Some of the others listed here so far are V-shaped pillows, while this one is more of a C shape.
Even if you don’t plan to use it as an aid for sleeping, however, it can still prove useful in many other instances, from propping a baby up to breastfeeding to simply helping a baby rest. Click here to read all product reviews, on Amazon!
5. Full Body U Shaped Pregnancy Support Pillow
Here’s another U-shaped pregnancy pillow, this Full Body U Shaped Pregnancy Support Pillow comes in several different colors (including cream, fleece, navy blue, sky blue, and white) and again touting several different uses.
- This best pregnancy pillow provides luxurious support that extends throughout the entire body, not just the parts typically associated with pregnancy pain.
- It gives support to a growing tummy along with an aching back to help each night’s sleep turn out a great deal better than it would.
- This best maternity pillow claims to eliminate tossing and turning and the need for repositioning.
Like other best pregnancy pillows on this list, one of the big selling points here is the pillow’s size. This thing is quite large, and many report that it helps them get far better sleep. Some users say that the pillowcase is difficult to put on, but this is a minor inconvenience for otherwise a high-quality pregnancy pillow. Check out more great features and uses for this pregnancy pillow, on Amazon!
But just what exactly is a pregnancy pillow?
And what makes the best pregnancy pillow?
When a woman is pregnant, she cannot lie on her stomach. Sleeping on her side is also very difficult, as her tummy lies next to her and can be very uncomfortable. Tossing and turning will happen, hot flashes and snoring are more prevalent during pregnancy. It’s a rather unpleasant experience, but pregnancy pillows exist to help ease some of these issues.
Pregnancy pillows in the UK are generally shaped like a boomerang, with one end slipping under the head or arm and another between the legs, and the middle supporting the woman’s belly. This provides support and helps reduce tossing and turning.
Do pregnancy pillows work?
Well, that depends on several factors. The size of a woman’s baby bump is one factor, and the type of pregnancy pillow chosen is another. Most women who appreciate a pregnancy pillow’s sleep benefits are 20 weeks pregnant or somewhere around there. Any further than that and the baby bump might be too large. In short, the usefulness of a pregnancy pillow may vary depending upon several different factors. Still, many women report that these pillows are helpful under the right timing and circumstances of pregnancy.
Just like with any other product, the brand name may mean something, but it’s not the key to purchasing a great pillow. While these brands may be best-known for their quality, brand names come at a price. Don’t buy the most expensive pillow and just assume it’s the best. Often, there are others of the same quality that cost less. If you’re really in a bind, simply search your favourite online retailer or auction site for a V-shaped pillow. Even if it isn’t branded explicitly as a pregnancy pillow, a V-shaped pillow can often do a maternity pillow’s job just as well. Again, it all depends on the woman and her situation.
There are many pregnancy pillows out there, all of which offer a little something different. Be sure to check out each pillow and consider each carefully before purchasing one. These can make the difference between months of good sleep and months of poor sleep, so be sure to pick the pillow that’s right for you and your particular maternity needs. Check maternity pillow reviews to educate yourself on, which is the best pregnancy pillow in the UK.
Also, remember to hold onto your pregnancy pillow, even if you don’t plan to have any more kids. These pillows are beneficial for other reasons besides just pregnancy pain and insomnia, from snoring to sciatica to general discomfort and more. Keep them around and use them when you need to. Why not read our guide on the best Tempur pillows available in the UK right now!