It’s confusing, it’s convoluted, and there are many to choose from; the bottom line? It may feel impossible to find the best hybrid mattress. That’s why I’ve put together this hybrid mattr...ess buying guide focusing on the best hybrid mattress reviews so you can easily find what you’re looking for, without the headaches that usually comes along with searching for a quality mattress. So, without further ado, find the 5 best hybrid mattress reviews in the UK!
Top Listed Best Hybrid Mattress (2021) of February 2024
Inofia Platinum Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress
Medium firm mattress with great comfort thanks to the 1,000 pocket springs used. The more pocket springs, the less movement your partner will feel if you toss and turn at night and the more localized your compression will be for where you lay. The reactive fresh cover helps regulate body temperature and wicks away moisture so you stay dry all-night long.
A little pricey but not outlandish, it’s a good price for a great quality mattress.
A solid choice. You get a vacuum-packed bed that easily inflates on its own, it’ll be ready the same day and you’ll see for yourself just how comfortable the mattress is. The memory foam paired with the memory foam is an indisputable champion pair.
Simba Hybrid Mattress
This mattress comes in both EU & UK sizes, so you will definitely find a size to fit your base, regardless of what kind of base you have. Thanks to the many positive reviews this mattress has it’s definitely worth a try. You get five luxurious layers designed to provide comfort, support and a cool night of sleep.
While this mattress can prove to be a little expensive, the money would definitely be put towards a great mattress that comes with a 100-night trial.
This may be one of the best mattresses in this UK review. You get a great hybrid mattress with a simbatex layer that will work to keep you cool at night, support your body and sink in enough to be super comfortable. 94% of reviews suggest this mattress is the best mattress you could buy.
Dormeo Double Hybrid Mattress with Cotton
The Dormeo is a great fit for someone looking for a quality double hybrid mattress. It provides great support and comfort and is even designed to help keep you cool at night thanks to the breathable fabric donning the mattress. With 500 individual pocket springs you’re sure to get the support you need and can even toss and turn without disturbing your partner.
You only get 2.5 cm of memory foam, there are plenty of other options that offer more for support, but sinking into the pocket springs will not be uncomfortable.
This mattress comes in at an affordable price and isn’t bad for what it has to offer. You can get in three standard sizes and with the utilization of memory foam, pocket springs and an ecocell foam base, you’re sure to get comfort and support out of this bed.
Inofia Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress
If you are a fan of coolblue memory foam, then you’ll definitely enjoy this mattress. With the coolblue gel you will be able to stay plenty cool at night despite sleeping on a hybrid mattress foam that rivals regular memory foam.
This mattress is only listed as being available in a king size.
If you are looking for a king size mattress this one could be the one for you, offering a breathable quilted cover you get a great cool blue memory foam pocket spring mattress for a very affordable price.
Inofia Motion Isolated Zero Pressure Hybrid Mattress
Probably the most unique distribution zones you’ll find in a mattress, it comes with quality pocket springs meaning you’ll find plenty of comfort and it has a removable cover. If you act soon enough, you’ll even be able to get this mattress on sale, even though it isn’t too expensive even when it’s full price.
The product doesn’t have a lot of reviews, but those who have tried it are satisfied. It has a lot of promise and with a 30-year guarantee, it’s definitely worth trying.
With great all-natural materials, and quality pocket springs for premium comfort, this mattress boasts being one of the best on this list. You even get a thirty-year guarantee meaning the money you sink into this investment will be just that – a long lasting, quality investment that you won’t regret.
To 5 Hybrid Mattresses - Reviews & Guide
1. Inofia Platinum Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress
This Inofia Platinum Memory Foam and Spring Hybrid Mattress is a 4ft6 but available in multiple mattress sizes. This best hybrid mattress review is eight inches thick, with a memory foam top layer. It allows this hybrid mattress to mould after your body, giving the optimum support for the individual that is sleeping on it.
- The Inofia Platinum Memory Foam and Spring Hybrid Mattress is medium-firm, which means it offers the right level of support. There’s not much give to the bed during the first few minutes, but the surface will quickly soften and start to mould to your body shape. This extra support is perfect for someone that suffers from back pain!
- The Inofia Platinum Memory Foam and Spring Hybrid Mattress gets its support from the 1000 pocket springs built it. A pocket spring is unique because it quickly “gives” when pressed down on, lowering slightly only where pressure is being applied. This allows for a softer feeling without losing any of the support that you’re looking for in a medium-firm mattress. It pairs well with the memory foam.
- Moving this best hybrid mattress review to the desired bedroom isn’t an issue. The hybrid mattress review is heavy, but it comes rolled and vacuum-sealed in a box, which means that it can be moved to the room of choice with ease. Once removed from the box, the mattress may take up to 24 hours to expand fully. This hybrid mattress comes with a Reactive Fresh cover. This helps regulate body temperature by wicking away moisture. It also features a breathable mesh border. That means it’s the perfect fit for someone who lives in a place with typically hot weather or blazing summers, a lack of air conditioning, or just suffers from hot sweats.
- Comes in several different sizes! There is a 100-night trial period so you can try the mattress out!
Thus, with 1,000 pocket springs paired wonderfully with a memory foam layer, this best hybrid mattress is sure to please. 1000 pocket springs will keep disturbances to a minimum, and with an excellent trial period, you’ll be sure that you’ll have a mattress you want to sleep on. With five standard sizes to choose from, you’ll find one that will fit your base.
2. Simba Hybrid Mattress
The Simba Hybrid Mattress is available in several sizes; so it won’t be difficult to find a mattress to fit your bed, this mattress comes in both UK and EU dimensions. It’s designed to fit snugly on all types of bed bases. Regardless of the size you choose, it will sit nicely on adjustable, slatted, divan, and even flat platform bases.
- The Simba mattress has the best mattress reviews out of the hybrid mattresses listed in this buying guide. With an engineered support base and a combination of pocket springs and hybrid memory foam, this hybrid mattress review is perfect for sharing between two people. It allows one side of the mattress to dip under your body without disturbing the person sleeping on the other side. No amount of tossing, turning, rolling, or twisting will upset your partner! It’s the perfect fit for someone restless at night.
- You will receive focused comfort and support; 3 different layers are designed to support 7 areas of your body, including the head, shoulders, back lumbar, buttocks, thighs, and legs. The high-density foam used means that you will get an excellent medium-firm mattress that you can sink into as the memory foam conforms to your body shape. This best hybrid mattress will offer you comfort and support for many years to come.
- It’s also temperature neutral, which means that the Simbatex layer will keep you more refreshing than a pure memory foam mattress would. The top layer of the hybrid mattress review is cool to the touch, with a layer of memory foam beneath it to ensure support, comfort, and a cool night all the way through. Because the Simba Hybrid Mattress combines hybrid memory foam, pocket springs, and a layer of Simbatex, it will stay firm for much longer than a typical mattress would. A year later, and it’s still going to be offering you the same level of support as the first day it arrives at your house.
- This Simba Hybrid Mattress comes in a vacuum-sealed box. This means that it’s easy to transport it to the bedroom of choice. After opening the box, the mattress will fully expand to its original size and shape. All you need to do is put it up on the base, stand back, and let the Simba Hybrid Mattress do all of the work. Click here for product reviews on Amazon!
Overall, this one is one of the best mattresses in this UK, and you even get a 100-night trial period. Please note that on request, the courier can collect your old mattress, however, should you want to return your new Simba Mattress, the old mattress won’t be returned.
3. Dormeo Double Hybrid Mattress with Cotton
The Dormeo Double Hybrid Mattress with Cotton is a hybrid mattress. It comes as a hybrid mattress double size, with medium hardness. It’s the perfect fit for someone looking to get a little bit of added support. Because it’s of medium firmness, the mattress is not too stiff – there will be no sore backs or aching shoulders when waking up yet it’s soft enough to provide comfort.
- The Dormeo Hybrid Mattress is specifically designed to prevent back pain! It’s a hybrid memory foam mattress made to conform to your shape. It combines quality, memory foam, pocket springs, air mesh, and latex to create the perfect night’s rest. There is great comfort and value in every Dormeo Mattress! This level of luxury is unheard of for the price; it’s meant to give you a better night’s rest without breaking the bank.
- One of the unique traits of the Dormeo Hybrid Mattress is that it comes with breathable air mesh sides. This specially designed mesh helps remove humid air from the fabric of the mattress while bringing fresh air into it. It not only keeps you cooler and relaxed at night, but it helps prevent that old mattress smell everyone is familiar with. The base of the Dormeo Hybrid Mattress is made from a non-slip material, meaning it won’t move on the base, no matter how much you toss and turn whilst on the mattress.
- It comes with 2.5 cm of memory foam, which rests over the top of a set of pocket springs. These springs are different from the traditional wire rungs usually found in mattresses. Each spring is individually wrapped, allowing them to cradle and support your body. This hybrid mattress in a box contours to your body shape; that means there will be no rolling over to the middle, no matter how much you toss and turn at night! This hybrid mattress double is truly designed to meet your every need. Click here to read user reviews on Amazon!
Overall, the Dormeo Hybrid Mattress is an excellent fit for someone looking for a high-quality double hybrid mattress. It provides excellent support and comfort and is designed to help keep you fresh at night thanks to the breathable fabric donning the mattress.
4. Inofia Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress
This Inofia Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress might be the perfect fit for your bedroom. Whether you need the extra space for your partner and your kids, it’s going to ensure that the only time you’re in someone else’s space is when you want to be. It’s a medium firmness mattress, which means there’s support yet still soft enough to contour to your body and provide enough cushion for a comfortable sleep.
- As this Inofia Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress comes vacuum-sealed, it’s easy to transport it into your bedroom of choice. Once unboxed, you will need to allow the mattress to fully expand before sleeping on it; this may take up to 24 hours. The mattress itself is white, though the memory foam has a blue tint to it.
- The Inofia Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress is topped with a dense layer of memory foam, to contour to your body shape. It has a breathable quilted cover over the foam, which makes it pleasant to look at even without a fitted sheet on top of it. Because the quilted covering is breathable, it helps prevent that ‘musty mattress’ smell, typical for mattresses. The quilted cover also makes this best hybrid mattress double easy to clean, as it can be vacuumed when the bedsheets are being washed.
- Another significant drawing point of the Inofia Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress is the quality Bonnell 13.5 gauge spring unit. It’s perfect for someone that’s looking for a bed that has bounce to it! As mentioned in this hybrid mattress buying guide, the cool-blue memory foam will keep you fresh at night without absorbing too much heat. Read the latest customer reviews on Amazon!
Thus, if you are a fan of cool blue memory, then this best hybrid mattress in a box could be the one for you. Although, overall, this is an excellent hybrid mattress at an affordable price.
5. Inofia Motion Isolated Zero Pressure Hybrid Mattress
The Inofia Motion Isolated Zero Pressure Hybrid Mattress is ideal for one or two people and comes with unique distribution zones. It’s made with pocket springs, which are individually wrapped in separate fabric bags. These springs are designed to offer medium firmness support, but also soft enough to mould after your body weight, exactly where pressure is being applied.
- As you might have been able to tell, this hybrid mattress review has 9 zones in it. This ensures that the best hybrid mattress has both optimal support, flexibility, and ventilation! It doesn’t matter how much you twist or roll about; motions isn’t going to be felt by the person sharing the bed with you. This lack of motion transfer doesn’t make the mattress any less comfortable to sleep on!
- One of the features of the mattress is coconut fibres. These are naturally light, which aid with air circulation inside the mattress. They’re hypoallergenic, which means that your hybrid mattress is naturally protected against dust mites and others bed bugs. It’s part of the Eco Series, which means that it’s made with high-quality products intended to reduce harm to the environment, consisting of only certified organic materials.
- This high-quality hybrid mattress comes with a removable cover. This cover only serves to help make it easy to protect your mattress and keep it clean; the hypoallergenic coconut fibres used in the mattress aided by the fact that you can remove the cover and put it in the wash! It’s perfect for anyone that might have an allergy problem or sensitive skin that would otherwise be irritated by rough fibres. Read what users are saying on Amazon!
This Inofia hybrid mattress review is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of. This hybrid mattress boasts all-natural materials so what is not to love? Overall, this is probably the best hybrid mattress in this buying guide.
What is a Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress?
Best Hybrid mattresses are made using a mixture of foams and latex or pocket springs. Thanks to the mixture of different technologies into 1, hybrid mattresses can be more comfortable or just as comfortable as a pure memory foam mattress, without some of the disadvantages of having only memory foam, such as heat retention. Since the production of the best hybrid mattress started, manufacturers have been able to reduce price and increase quality by phasing out the negatives of memory foam and increasing the positives.
There Are Different Kinds of Memory Foam
Just as there are hundreds of mattresses to choose from, there are also different types of foams mattresses are made with; manufacturers can mix different materials to make the best hybrid mattress possible. Some conventional foams are Coolblue and Laygel. There are many other foams though, and many of them are unique to the manufacturer, so it would be hard to say which ones are better than the others.
Coolblue does what the name suggests and dissipates the heat while providing you with memory foam like comfort. Regular memory foam can retain heat and keep you hot during your sleep. Some memory foams are going to trap heat, or air and make the mattress warmer than other mattresses with cooler foams or gels. This mattress buying guide contains a cool blue mattress as part of the top 5 hybrid mattresses.
Hybrid mattresses are made from materials that are much more breathable and responsive than memory foam ones. If memory foam is too expensive or even too hot for you, finding the best hybrid mattress could be heaven because you’ll feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud thanks to the natural contour of the foam.
What’s Under the Foam Matters
A hybrid mattress is made from combining different technologies, such as memory foam, latex, pocket springs; combining them all together can offer you the best hybrid mattress. Some of the mattresses in this buying guide, are made by combining pocket springs and memory foam. Pocket springs are more comfortable than cage springs; they provide excellent support but don’t take away comfort because each spring is wrapped in a ‘pocket’ of material.
Pocket spring mattresses won’t transfer motion, so if you toss and turn a lot, you won’t disturb your partner. The springs are individually wrapped and sewn into sets. Pressing down on one side of the mattress only decompresses the springs under the weight applied, the rest of them are unaffected, unlike cage spring mattresses.
Double Foam: If you do manage to snag up a double foam mattress, you’ll want to keep in mind that foam will often dip and sag in places where your base layer doesn’t support it. A sturdy board will rectify the problems of a slatted base. Just make sure it will be able to bear the weight necessary and slide it right over your slats for added support for your mattress.
Some people like to sleep on a firm mattress, others like to sleep on a cloud-like mattress, and everyone else falls somewhere in-between. Hybrid memory foam mattresses do offer medium to firm options just as our top 5 picks above.